Friday 12 March 2010

What Women Want?

Finally i got myself to start blogging and as my first blog, I'd like to share the tiny piece of writing that won me some good appreciation and kudos on the recent Women's day!

Read with a pinch of salt!


Oscar Wilde once quoted: “Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood”.

When I first read the flyer from the TED team on this pretext, my eye balls froze on the three golden words: WHAT WOMEN WANT! I call them golden for the mysterious aura they create when pondered over, just as the way women truly are. Mysterious. Well, as a young woman myself, I can hardly deny the fact that we Venusians personify the word.

It took me a while and I hemmed and hawed before accepting that yes, women are complex souls but definitely not confused. We want to be loved, BUT not to the extent that emulates a melodramatic Yash Chopra re-production; We want to be protected, BUT don’t really expect our better halves to do a superman plunge; We want to be buried in gifts, BUT only the kinds that we love to endorse. While women, more often than not, know what they really want out of every miniscule circumstance they are in, they are seldom open about their thoughts. Hence, the complexity.

Time and again people have debated over why women are this way and that. While women love to bask in the glory of their acclaimed prowess, they bravely acknowledge and accept the ‘too complex’, ‘hard to interpret’ and ‘not understandable’ accusations from men. With deliberate efforts in penning down some unbiased thoughts, I personally see this as a “Self Viewpoint” disorder among both men and women. I have often noticed both the sexes deriving and interpreting situations through personal outlook and perspective with convenient neglection of the other person’s point of view. The direct consequence of such encounters is nothing but assertions on both the sections of being crazy and difficult. If men argue that women are complicated, I counter-argue that men are impossible! If women cannot be understood then they should definitely not be mis-understood.

With long proven theories and endless validation of stories, one thing is certain. Men and women want and expect different things from different scenarios. They are wired differently and simply adhere to their natural behavior of counter-arguing to prove their point. While both know what they really want, they clearly do not realize what the other wants! This verbatim clash of the sexes has flourished over several centuries and the “You are complicated” battle has managed to survive through the tides of time. As an after-thought, its high time people (men+women) rose above such petty mis-quotes and looked together towards a broader horizon of possibilities and encounters.






3 comments:

  1. Nice... very nice.... and I sure don think women are complicated.... Its an illusion ;) :) ...It jus involves a little effort and 'put-urself-in-her-shoes' kinda thot :D!!
    Brilliant write up da!!! Totally kewl....
    This was my template too sometime back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dufus! The very first comment and that too from the writer himself..wow! I'm honoured :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WRITER!! :O Dodo.... tats a compliment da!! :O!! although I likeys to be thot of as one ;)

    ReplyDelete